Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Fiesta! We had a pinata at a park (never mind it wouldn't crack open, at least the candy could be extracted) and dinner at a new-to-us Mexican restaurant that just happens to have half price margaritas on Wednesdays. I think had I been able to drink one, I would have tolerated the three trips to the bathroom, the refusal to eat anything but french fries, and the incessant kicking from under the table with more grace. As it was, I was a bit grouchy by the time we left. But a meal cooked by someone else is still one less that I had to prepare, right? All is quiet now, as it always is eventually, and I've already forgotten about the kicking. But who doesn't love Mexican food? French fries, really? Oh well. Happy Cinco de Mayo, Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment