Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3 Days Out

I am woefully aware of how hard it is to write something, anything, everyday. I've just missed three days in a row, and tonight spent all my creative energy filling out an application form for Kindergarten. Explain the circumstances of your child's birth. Are you kidding? I paired down considerably, which was a healthy exercise for me. Describe the early days of your child's life. Again, you've got to be kidding. Have you ever been in a house with two newborn babies for 24 hours? Those hours were filled with painfully loud and shrill cries, and then silence that was so quiet, it made me startle. Then a leading question: what do you find unique or unusual about your child? It's my child(ren)! Everything is unique and unusual, can't you just see? One has been interested in mechanical buttons since he was 17 months old. If his age is adjusted, that is like an adult about to retire after having had the same job for her entire life!

As I said, all my creative energy has been spent in writing sincere answers that will wow the admissions staff so that next year the boys can (hopefully) have a nurturing place to play and meet some friends and share a snack and play outside. A place to grow as a child with other children, a kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. what's up with all the questions? all i had to do was fill in our address, social security number and if we wanted to ride the bus or not. your house will be empty, time for a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete